10 Reasons I love TCI!
1. The number 1 top reason why I love Turks and Caicos is for the incredible beaches. Turks and Caicos has the perfect white powder sand beaches with a tint of pink. The sand is so soft between your toes. The crystal clear water is calm and inviting. You can see so many shades of blue in the waters around Turks & Caicos. Grace Bay Beach is one of the best beaches in the world and popular among visitors to Turks and Caicos. Grace Bay Club, one of the original properties on the beach, still has the largest stretch of Beachfront and one of my favorite Resorts!
2. Rest & Relaxation - you will feel completely rested after visiting Turks & Caicos. This laid back lifestyle, calm beautiful sea and rejuvenating spa is just what you need. Be sure to visit The Palms Spa for a full spa day.
3. Wildlife Encounters - Spending time on a boat is the best way to explore TCI. You will likely see a pod of wild dolphins, jumping eagle rays or maybe even have the chance to snorkel with humpback whales. JoJo the Dolphin can also be spotted from popular hotels on Grace Bay Beach.
There is a major whale migration through the waters of Turks & Caicos from January - March every year. The best place in Turks & Caicos for humpback whale watching is in the Passage near Grand Turk and Salt Cay. This Up-close whale encounter is a MUST experience.
4. Coral Gardens - If boating is not your thing, there is a great reef for Snorkeling on the West side of Grace Bay Beach. The official name is Bight Reef, better known as Coral Gardens, offers guests an easy to access snorkel trail right off the beaches of The Beach House or Windsong Resort. Stay at Beach House for an intimate Adult's Only experience or Windsong for a family retreat close to Coral Gardens.
5. Private Islands - there are more than 40 Islands and Cays in TCI. Only 8 of them are inhabited. You can find yourself on a private deserted island for the day. Stay at Meridian Club on Pine Cay or COMO Resort on Parrot Cay for the full private island experience. These two private islands are very different, but each have incredible beaches, just a short boat ride from Providenciales.
6. Ideal for Kiteboarding - the calm waters at Long Bay Beach, Providenciales is the perfect spot for kite surfing. KiteProvo is local company that will get you all set up for Kiteboarding with lessons and equipment rental.
The Shore Club is a brand new hotel from the owners of The Palms. Located on the perfect beach for Kiteboarding, this luxury property offers so much more than this incredible beach and is sure to impress.
7. Family Time - Turks & Caicos is a top family destination. Parents and kids alike love spending endless hours on the beautiful beaches. The calm waters are ideal for children to play.
Grace Bay Club Kids Town is inspired by the natural environment of Turks and Caicos offering lots of great adventurous activities including kayaking, paddle boarding and Sailing. They even have an Xtreme Teen program.
8. Great people - Locals in Turks and Caicos are called Belongers. The people are all very friendly and like to have fun. Expect a casual, laid-back vibe with genuine service.
9. Excellent food & restaurants - there are so many amazing restaurants to choose from. Be sure to visit the popular Infinity Bar at Grace Bay Club. Da Conch Shack is another local favorite beachside casual experience with live music and lots of conch.
10. Easy to get to - Turks and Caicos is very easy to get to with lots of new flights. Jetblue and Southwest are both now flying into Providenciales (PLS) giving American Airlines some competition. Flying from Fort Lauderdale or Miami is a very short 90 minute flight and from New York is just over 3 hours. You can also fly on British Airways through Antigua when traveling from London and looking to explore something new.
Written By: Dawn Oliver